People say that maintaining your love for someone is harder than finding the right one. It requires a great deal of time and effort but it’s worth the sacrifices. If you want to keep your love burning, express it often. Here are some effective ways:
- Cook their favorite meal and surprise them even if there’s no occasion. Nothing beats coming home from a stressful day and finding your partner already prepared your favorite meal on the table.
- Stay and take care of them when they are not feeling well. Do everything – even if it’s irrelevant – to make them comfortable.
- Surprise your partner with a spontaneous date. Take a random drive, try a new restaurant, go somewhere you’ve never been to, and experience various activities together.
- Introduce them to the special people in your life. Express how proud you are to have them and make them feel welcomed in your family.
- Give generous compliments and appreciate everything that they’ve done for you.
- Make an effort to appreciate the things that they love even if you don’t like it. Take a bite of their favorite food or watch their favorite sport together.
- Share them a secret that you’ve never told anyone else and trust them that they’re going to keep it.
- Listen to their stories even when it’s boring or you just don’t like the topic. Take note of the important details – their favorite food, scent, color, or even TV shows – because you’ll never know when you can use them to your advantage.
- Stay beside them whenever they need you. Whether it’s a good or bad time, your presence and support matters.
- Kiss and hug them when they least expect it. Giving random kisses while you’re watching TV or a back hug while they are busy cooking. It’s a great way to show that they are special without uttering a word.
The adage, action speaks louder than words, still holds true these days. Feel free to express yourself even through the smallest gestures because it always feels good to give and receive love.