Ward off the harmful toxins and enjoy the long-lasting benefits of a healthy and clean body from within with the help of these cleansing and detoxifying foods.
1. Yogurt – the ones that contain probiotics supply healthy bacteria that fortify the GI tract’s natural flora, helping digestion and boosting the body’s natural immune responses.
2. Onion and Garlic – they contain powerful antibacterial and immune-boosting properties like flavonoids that stimulate the production of glutathione, one of the liver’s strongest antioxidants.
3. Green Tea – is rich in antioxidants and caffeine that gives diuretic effect. This helps alleviate bloating by counteracting water retention.
4. Broccoli – works with the enzymes in your liver and turns the toxins into something your body can remove easily. They contain sulforaphane that helps prevent cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and allergies.
5. Apples – are high in pectin, a fiber that binds to cholesterol and heavy metals in the body. They help remove toxic build up and the clean the intestines.
6. Cabbage – contains sulfur that is vital in breaking down chemicals and removing them from your body. It also contains indole-3-carbinol, a chemical that boosts DNA repair in cells and appears to block the growth of cancer cells.
7. Flaxseeds – are loaded with essential fatty acids like Omega-3s and ensure that toxins are removed properly. It contains fiber that helps to bind and flush toxins from the intestinal tract.
8. Grapefruit – is a great intestinal and liver detoxifier. It contains pectin fiber that binds to cholesterol and heavy metals and helps escort them out of the body.
9. Almonds – are the best source of Vitamin E in nuts. They are also high in calcium, fiber, magnesium, and usable protein that helps stabilize blood sugar and remove impurities from the bowels.
10. Basil – is great for digestion and detoxification. Aside from antioxidants, it also contains anti-bacterial, anti-ulcer, and antimicrobial properties.
Aside from cleaning and detoxifying your body, these foods also help you shed unwanted body fats the natural way. Have you tried any of these foods? Are they helpful? Share your experiences and help us inspire other people towards a healthy lifestyle.