Coloring is the new craze for grown-ups. Whether it’s printed books or through mobile apps, adults can’t stop being addicted to them. Here are some of the reasons:
- It helps express what’s in the heart and mind when words aren’t enough to describe trauma, bereavement, or depression.
- It improves fine motor skills and vision that can help delay or prevent age-related health issues like dementia.
- It helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- It lets the brain focus better.
- It can be a tool for socializing and bonding with your friends and family.
- It can help rediscover the real you.
- It can be used as free decoration.
For starters, here are the top books and apps you can buy from bookstores and download from Google Play and iTunes:
1. “Secret Garden: An Inky Quest & Coloring Book” by Johanna Basford
2. “The Mindfulness Coloring Book: Anti-Stress Art Therapy for Busy People” by Emma Farrarons
3. “Flower Designs Coloring Book (Volume 1)” by Jenean Morrison
4. “Color Me Calm” by Art Therapist Lacy Mucklow and Illustrator Angela Porter
5. “Coloring Mandalas 1” by Art Therapist Susanne Fincher
1. Colorfy by Fun Games For Free
2. ColorDiary by App Labs Games
3. momi coloring book by momi
4. Coloring Book – Mandala HD by Smart&Fun Apps
5. Mandalas Coloring by Lilelmi
Bonus Info: What Your Coloring Style Says about You
Here’s how your choice of colors defines your personality according to Color Psychologist Leonine Burdett:
- Bright Primary Colors – You’re great fun and love to be surrounded by people. You have a childlike quality and tend to be a people-pleaser who suffers from bouts of self-doubt.
- Cool Blues, Purples, and Pinks – People drawn to this more subdued palette are reserved and considered. They think carefully before acting and plan ahead. They can be perceived as aloof, even if this isn’t the case.
- Vibrant Reds and Oranges – You’re outgoing, passionate, and extremely exuberant. Your friends see you as eccentric yet loyal. You have great self-belief – though others often see you as being bossy and a bit of a know-it-all.
- Black and White – Everything is clear-cut with you: it’s either right or wrong. You have great inner strength and that takes you a long way in life. You tend to run roughshod over others to reach your goals. About 10 percent of people fit into this group and they tend to be leaders.
- Blazes of One Color – The shades you choose reflect as much about what you feel is missing in your life as reflecting your personality. For example, if you color great swatches of orange, then passion may be something you crave.
Photo Credits: Amazon.com and Google Play