Can you not find enough reason to stir yourself while you chase your career goals or at least brighten up your day? Maybe you need stories on people who caused a positive impact on others’ lives and changed the world better.
Listed below are the most powerful modern-day business people and leaders (in any order) and their vital global contributions.
1) Bill Gates, Co-founder and former Microsoft CEO
He formed the world’s largest computer software firm. Aside from this, he writes books and gives to many charitable activities worldwide. Microsoft products and his kind acts continue to touch and change people’s lives.
2) Pope Francis, Pontiff of the Catholic Church
Leading a religious sect with over 1.2 billion believers is a huge task. As pope, he set many firsts, but such did not go beyond Catholic teachings. He does good works that make him a good leader and a fearless reformer. He listens to people, reaches out to the faithful, befriends non-Catholics, and leads by example.
3) Mark Zuckerberg, Co-founder and CEO of Facebook
Despite his young age, he has influenced the world so much by creating a social networking site. Despite being a college dropout, he strove hard to make his dreams come true. His impact is obvious on Facebook as netizens go abuzz on the Internet.
4) Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
He is one of the richest persons on the planet. A philanthropist, too, he once pledged to give 99 percent of his wealth to philanthropic causes. As a leader, he is popular for his values and philosophy on good communication, passion, workforce and time management, planning, patience, transparency, and fairness.
5) Steve Jobs, Co-founder and former CEO of Apple, Inc. – He was a college dropout, yet this did not hamper his skill and passion for innovation and technology. His products affected today’s way of living and remained his legacy.
Other influential leaders and entrepreneurs are:
6) Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon.com
7) Bill Clinton, Founder of The Clinton Foundation
8) Malala Yousafzai, Advocate for education rights
9) Barack Obama, US President
10) Sam Walton, Former CEO of Wal-Mart