Taking trips far from home restricts you to bring a lot of stuff. You can only carry few things, or else, pull a heavy load.
If you have to travel out of the country, cut your pack. Here are the essential things to bring:
1. Passport. When travelling abroad, don’t forget your passport. It is your key to get out of the country. Some people carry with them their passport as they travel and some do not. This depends on how safe or how high crime rate is in the place you will visit. Also, you may have your passport photocopied, and bring the duplicate anywhere you go. make sure that you protect this document. place it in a plastic case
2. Tickets, itinerary, visa, and other documents. Airport’s immigration will ask for supporting documents that permit you to travel. So keep these things inside your pack. Also, protect it by placing it in a plastic bag and in a secure area in your carry-on baggage.
3. Cash. Never go out with an empty wallet. Ample amount of money will help you survive. It is always advisable to bring dollars or the currency of the country you will visit.
4. Credit card and ATM. These cards harness your spending when you have to tighten your cash expenses. Also, your credit card is a handy tool when you want to book a flight to another country.
5. Cellphone. Communication is very important while travelling. This will aid you to find your way or to inform others. Now, everywhere you go there is an access to the internet. Just google the place and you will not be lost. Another good thing about your mobile phone, it has a camera. You don’t have to carry another pocket cam, right.
6. Guide book or map. Yes, this is internet age, but you still need a map to be on track. Keep one so that you can visualize the whole country in one look.
7. Vitamins and medicines. If you have health conditions, take your pills and supplements with you. But there are countries who have strict rules on medicines. Be sure that you tag along the prescription and a doctor’s letter.
8. Clean clothes. Pack clean and appropriate clothes. They must be enough to the length of your stay. Jeans, shirts, shorts, underwear, and an extra pair of shoes are common things to pack. If you were going to tropical countries, light garments are useful. A travel to cold country entails you to bring thick jackets and clothes.
Keep these tips and unload excessive pounds on your luggage. Have a safe and light trip.