What’s good about bucket list? It drives you to do your best to achieve it. This is a crazy thing for some. They thought that it is a near-death task. But it shouldn’t be that way. The list simply highlights what you want for your whole life.
Are you waiting for your golden years before making one? Or will you kick off the year listing things you have not done in life yet? If yes, what would be yours?
Here are ideas that can help you create your own list.
- Fill up spaces. Your busy life restraint you from spending time with people who have touched and supported you. They could be your parents, children, spouses, or friends. You may want to start out listing weekly events with them. Let them know how much they mean to you. Give them time to show your gratitude.
- Travel lists. Of course, places you love to go. Who does not want to explore the world? You want to go to Hawaii, Hollywood, Disneyland, or London. See the Seven Wonders of the World, or go on a cruise. You should look forward to these places and strive to get there.
- Engineer happiness. This is doing what makes you happy. Begin by asking yourself, “Where will I find happiness?” Will you find it in pampering yourself, having a successful career, being involved in helping the poor, having a pet, or relationship? You may engage in sports and start a healthy diet.
- Be a one-time superhero. This doesn’t mean that you have to fly. In one case, you could. Do skydiving or paragliding. But this is about doing a worthwhile cause for other people. Do charity. You may volunteer in institutions that help the needy people. You don’t need superpowers to do this. Just share your time, effort, or money to lessen the burdens of those in need.
- Be closer to God. Keep your faith strong. Set a fixed time reading the bible. Get inspirations from books with Godly words.
To sum up, the list deals with three things: things to do, places to see, and things to fulfill. This could be different from others because of dissimilar experiences and choices. Would you believe that some even create a personal blog site to post their bucket lists and show their achievement? This is a serious task.