As a person, we have to grow. Part of this is to face and overcome challenges. But one big block impedes us from taking the risk – we call it fear, right? And this great fright confines us in our comfort zone. Your comfort zone, as always, is where you feel safe, at ease, and happy. You do the same routines or embrace things because you are comfortable with it. But, did you know that there’s danger staying inside that zone? As you get too comfortable, it makes you weak. It denies you the edge to thrive in life. Now, do you want to stand firm against challenges and grow maturely? Then create a big distance from your sweet spot. It could be hard, but there are ways to do it.
Ways to Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone
If you want personal growth, then stretch out and try these things:
1. Accept that you are not perfect. And who is? And why do you stay in your used-to ways? Is it because you avoid comments that will hurt you if you fail? The thoughts about pains and failures push you back to your comfort zone. You have to take that these are part of growing. In fact, everyone has to fall before she can get up. So accept that just like the rest you make errors. Perhaps, next time, you won’t be afraid to do new things anymore.
2. Pin down your limiting beliefs. You build your own safe area with thoughts that going beyond will be hard for you. Thus, this prevents you from stepping out and experiencing a wider place. Let’s say, you can’t stand and speak in many people. You said you don’t have the skills to convince people because you thought you can’t. So find your weakening beliefs and break them. Perceive that doing other things is easy.
3. Seek out different outlooks. Listen to other persons’ views. They could have experienced the same thing, and succeed in moving out. Get advice from them. Still, their words are just guides. You have to do things on your own.
4. Map out your moves step-by-step. Start by adding new habits and changing your outlook each day. Work with it one step at a time.
5. Direct yourself. You can create the right manual for your life. The reality is a complex matter. There are things that might keep you out of focus. So set your goals and steer to achieve them. This will drive you to change course and achieve more things.